Junior/AAA/AA/A (Plattsville & District Minor Hockey)


For each of the cases below, please ensure requests for required forms are provided at least 48 hours in advance of the first tryout date. Questions can be directed to [email protected]

It is the player's responsibility to make sure registration and/or any other requirements to attend tryouts with the other centre have been completed.

Players must be in good standing with PDMHA (all outstanding fees paid in full), before any requested forms will be provided.

Junior Team Tryouts

Players choosing to tryout for a Jr team must request a "Junior Permission to Tryout" form from their home centre - a separate form is required for each team they would like to tryout with.  Players do not have to be registered with their home centre prior to obtaining the Jr Tryout form.

Email [email protected] to request a Junior Permission to Tryout form, and indicate which Jr team(s) the player wishes to tryout with.

AAA Team Tryouts

Plattsville's AAA Zone is Cambridge.  Players in U11/U10 (atom) and above aged-divisions, who want to tryout for a AAA team will need to request a "Permission to Skate" form from their home centre; they do not have to first register with their home centre prior to receiving the form. 

If a player is not successful in making the AAA team, they have the option of requesting an "F-1 Waiver" from Cambridge minor hockey in order to tryout at a neighbouring AAA zone.

Request a Permission to Skate form

AA/A Team Tryouts

Players in U13/U12 (peewee), U15/U14 (bantam), and U18/U16 (midget) aged-divisions can choose to tryout at a maximum of one AA or A centre team - as of the 2018-19 season, a player no longer has to go to the closest such centre, they can choose any AA or A centre. 

For most Plattsville players, centres of interest would include: New Hamburg (A), Woodstock (AA), Cambridge (AA), Stratford (AA).

To attend AA/A tryouts, request a "Non-Resident Player Passport" [OMHA Regulation 3.5 c) vi)].  

For Aug/Sept tryouts (U18), the player should first pre-register with their home centre.

If the player is not selected for the AA/A team, they would then return to their home centre for the 2024-25 season - and an invoice for fees owing will be issued.

Request a Non-Resident Player (NRP) passport