Respect in Sport - Parent Program:
OMHA requires that at least one parent of each registered player complete this online course - no player can be rostered to a minor hockey team until it has been done. The course is accessed at: http://www.omha.net/page/show/885515-education , takes approximately one hour to complete, and costs $12-$15. When signing in to the course, there will be a spot to indicate your child(ren)'s name.
The course only needs to be completed once, and does not have to be re-done in subsequent seasons.
Each family pays a $100 volunteer fee as part of registration fees. The volunteer fee will be refunded to those families who assist in running our organization. Ways of earning back the volunteer fee include:
- serving on the PDMHA Executive
- being rostered as part of a team's bench staff (max of 5 per team)
- being a team volunteer - team parent rep, jersey washer, tournament/event organizer, etc (max of 3 per team)
- assisting at an organization event - picture day, fundraisers, Hugh Hall celebration, home tournaments, etc
Opportunities to volunteer and earn the refund will be communicated through the website and/or membership-wide emails.
Each family also pays a $150 fundraising fee as part of registration fees. In return, each family will receive $150 worth of raffle tickets. Families are encouraged to sell the tickets, and keep any money received from such sales; thus they have the opportunity to recover the $150 fundraising fee.
All players must wear full equipment for all ice times: helmet, mouth guard, neck guard, shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey gloves, jill/jock, hockey pants, shin pads, skates, as well as have their own hockey stick.
All goalies must have: helmet/goalie mask, throat protector (attached to helmet/mask), mouth guard, neck guard or goalie neck bib, chest protector, blocker and catcher, goalie jill/jock, goalie pants, goalie pads (thigh/knee guards optional), skates, as well as have their own goalie stick.
- game jerseys and hockey socks for all U9/U8 Novice & above divisions (so players and goalies must have their own practice jersey and may want an extra pair of hockey socks for practices);
- Timbits jerseys and hockey socks for all Initiation Program players;
- goalie equipment for U11 Atom and below divisions.
Equipment Exchange Program
PDMHA is very fortunate to have one of its members volunteer to coordinate this valuable exchange program. Contact Joe at [email protected] if you need some help obtaining equipment for your child(ren). And please consider donating any used equipment with some life left in it, back to the program.
Financial Assistance Programs
There are a number of financial assistance programs available to assist with the cost of youth minor sports. In all cases, any funding provided to our members are kept in confidence.